The Barn's Amenities Include:
- 6 - 12 x 12 interlocking matted stalls
- 1 - 12 x 18 interlocking matted foaling stall
- Automatic waterers in each stall
- Dutch doors in each stall, all connecting to a small paddock off the barn
- Power outlets at each stall
- 12 x 18 Heated tack room, with ample storage for tack and equipment; laundry facilities
- 12 x 12 Wash Stall with hot/cold water, heat lamps, vanity sink, and oversize drain
- 12 x 18 feed room with blanket storage and refrigerator
THE FACILITIES AMENITIES INCLUDE:
- Manager/ Trainer lives on premises
- 100 x 200 Outdoor Arena with All Weather Footing, and Jumps
- 1- Smaller Turn-Out Field
- 1- Paddock attached to barn for easy access from every 12 x 12 stall.
Kristen Parris Eventing is housed out of A Deck Above Farm in Mount Airy, Maryland. The farm consists of 52 acres and was bought in 2002, by Kristen's parents, Gail and Adam Willie. Kristen was fortunate enough that her parents enabled her to design her own barn.
- 2012 - No Halo Here Received USEA Gold Medal a the Preliminary Level.
- 2012 - Lord Ivanhoe Received USEA Blue Ribbon Award at the Training Level.
- 2012 - Lord Ivanhoe Received Two, USEA Gold Medals at Training Level.
- 2011 - Ranked 36th and 39th on the USEF Leading Breeders and Owners Leaderboards Respectively.
- 2011 - No Halo Here Received USEA Blue Ribbon Award at the Preliminary Level.
- 2011 - No Halo Here Received USEA Silver Medal at the Preliminary Level.
- 2011 - Lord Ivanhoe Received USEA Blue Ribbon Award at the Training Level.
- 2011 - Lord Ivanhoe Received USEA Silver and Gold Medals at Training Level and a USEA Silver Medal at Novice Level.
- 2011 - Won the Preliminary Championships at the VA HT - Finished on the Best Score of All Prelimanary Divisions at 33.6.
- 2011 - Won the Area II Training Three Day with Lord Ivanhoe - Finished on the Best Score of All 3 Divisions at 29.
- 2011 - Won CIC* at Fair Hill International Spring HT Riding No Halo Here - Finished on Their Dressage Score of 51.2.
Key Accomplishments of Kristen Parris
Kristen & Ivan - Jumping at the Area II, Training Three-Day Event at Waredaca in October 2011, Winning the Adult Division
BOARDING AT A DECK ABOVE FARM
TRAINING OPTIONS INCLUDE:
- Compassionate training method recognizing the horse as an athlete and partner.
- Specializing in training and preparing young horses for the sport of Eventing; components include Dressage (flat work), Stadium Jumping, Steeplechase and Cross-Country (schooling).
- Training will be customized to meet your individual goals.
- Guidance on tack and equipment, feeding and supplements to make you and your horse healthy and happy.
- 1 12 x 12 matted stall with dutch door, and automatic waterer
- Feed 2 x a day with top quality Purina or Triple Crown feeds
- Feed top quality orchard grass hay
- Winter turn-out is during the day, and in at night. Summer turn-out is in during the day, and out in at night
- Includes medicating, supplementing, blanketing, hold for Vet and Farrier (all at the expense of the owner)
Full Training and Board:
- All the amenities of Stall or Field Board, plus six training rides a week. If you are in need of your horse to be trained from the ground up, or if you are interested in fine tuning your horses training, this would be a great option.
Partial Training and Board:
- All the amenities of Stall or Field Board, plus three training rides a week. If you are interested in fine tuning your horse, but still interested in riding him or her yourself than this would be a great option.
PRICING OPTIONS AT A DECK ABOVE FARM
Call or E-mail Kristen Parris for current pricing and options